POSITION LOCATION: Osage, IA
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this position is to be the primary provider of administrative support to the Plant Manager and Human Resources Manager and to provide administrative and secretarial support to the various departments of the company as needed. This position will greet and check in visitors, answer incoming telephone calls and act as front line representative of the company, creating a professional and customer focused impression of the company to all visitors and callers.
- Serve as the key support to the Plant Manager and Human Resources Manager.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and proactively deal with administrative tasks for the Osage site.
- Prepare employee expense reports for reimbursement.
- Use online travel services for booking travel arrangements including flights, rental cars and hotels.
- Manage inventory of office supplies and order weekly. Maintain office supply requisition process.
- Manage all telephone communication with clarity, accuracy, and courtesy in order to route calls to the appropriate person or department.
- Welcome all on-site visitors in a positive, friendly and respectful manner and instill a positive impression of the company in all interactions. Maintain visitor log.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Respond to questions about the organization and provide callers with the address, directions, and other appropriate information as requested.
- Type and design general correspondence, attend and record minutes at meetings, update charts, tables, graphs, etc. Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Act as backup support to Human Resources and Training functions.
- Schedule interviews as requested by Human Resources Manager.
- Assist with employee communications and activities.
- Work independently and within a team on projects, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations and disseminating information.
- Coordinate pickup and delivery of incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries such as USPS, FedEx, UPS, couriers, etc.
- Maintain and organize paper and electronic files and records including archiving of company materials.
- Organize food and beverages for meetings.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Fax, copy and scan documents.
- Assemble presentation and training materials and binders.
- Schedule meeting rooms and coordinates calendars as requested.
- Perform other tasks as specified by the management staff.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Administrative Assistant Associate Degree or equivalent education.
- Four to six years’ experience in customer service and/or administrative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and adapt to sudden changes in the work environment.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be attentive to details.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Prefer Human Resources background.
We welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Email your completed application and resume to the location of the position. Please indicate the position title and location in the subject line.
Valent BioSciences is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.