LEAP® Biological Insecticide, Bacterial Disease Management
LEAP® Biological Insecticide, Bacterial Disease Management is the only alternative to copper-based products that provides two-way protection. Containing both Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. kurstaki (Btk) strain ABTS-351 and methyl salicylate, it suppresses bacterial plant diseases and controls caterpillar pests that create disease points of entry.
- Triggers plant defenses to minimize effects from bacterial disease
- Bactericide that won’t cause yield drag
- Acts fast; larvae stop feeding within minutes
- Exempt from residue tolerance with a 0-day pre-harvest interval (PHI), allowing fruit to be harvested within hours of application
- Effective resistance management, having never developed cross-resistance with any other insecticide
Trigger whole-plant immunity
LEAP contains methyl salicylate (MeSA), a powerful plant extract that elicits a plant’s natural defense systems against pathogen infections. The properties of MeSA result in the production of pathogenesis-related (PR) proteins that help the plant defend itself against pathogen invasion.
Fast-acting insect relief
LEAP contains the same strain of Btk found in DiPel® Biological Insecticide, the most used Bt insecticide product in the world. Minutes after consuming LEAP, insects stop feeding and ultimately die, helping to lessen the disease incidence caused by recurring feeding.
Protection without yield loss
LEAP effectively manages bacterial diseases without causing yield drag. Some products that induce plant defenses will reduce yield if used continuously but including LEAP in rotation ensures season-long protection without negative side effects.
Learn more about LEAP