MetaLarv S-PT is a biorational pre-hatch insecticide for control of mosquito larvae in floodwater areas. It features the active ingredient (S)-methoprene — a juvenile hormone analog of mosquitoes that prevents the emergence of adult mosquitoes.
MetaLarv S-PT is a non-dusty, spherical pellet formulation that provides effective coverage at low rates and delivers consistent, predictable flight paths in aerial applications.
With its exclusive Triple Release TechnologyTM, MetaLarv S-PT provides an initial flash of (S)-methoprene for immediate control of mosquitoes — and the rate of flash is not dependent on water temperature. The second release takes place when the floodwaters rise, providing sustained control. The third release remains effective after the waters recede, ready to release (S)-methoprene during the next flooding cycle.
Suggested Rate Range:
2.5–10 lbs/acre (2.8–11.2 kg/ha)
Use lower application rates when water is shallow, vegetation and/or pollution are minimal, and mosquito populations are low. Use higher rates when water is deep (>2 ft/0.61 m), vegetation, pollution, and/or organic debris or water flow are high, and mosquito populations are high. Application of MetaLarv S-PT to sites subject to high organic pollution and water flow or exchange will diminish the product’s effectiveness.
- Effective emergence inhibition of mosquitoes in floodwater habitats
- Spherical pellet formulation
- Triple Release Technology™
- Non-dusty formulation
- Non-charcoal UV protectant
- Greater application flexibility
- Improved coverage at low rates
- Greater aerial swath in tests conducted
- Can be applied up to 28 days prior to flood
- 30–42 days residual in floodwater habitats
- Remains effective after flood/dry-down/re-flood event
- Less respirable and particulate dust