MetaLarv S-PT is a biorational pre-hatch insecticide for control of mosquito larvae in floodwater areas. It features the active ingredient (S)-methoprene — a juvenile hormone analog of mosquitoes that prevents the emergence of adult mosquitoes.
Suggested Rate Range:
2.5–10 lbs/acre (2.8–11.2 kg/ha)
Use lower application rates when water is shallow, vegetation and/or pollution are minimal, and mosquito populations are low. Use higher rates when water is deep (>2 ft/0.61 m), vegetation, pollution, and/or organic debris or water flow are high, and mosquito populations are high. Application of MetaLarv S-PT to sites subject to high organic pollution and water flow or exchange will diminish the product’s effectiveness.
- Effective emergence inhibition of mosquitoes in floodwater habitats
- Spherical pellet formulation
- Triple Release Technology™
- Non-dusty formulation
- Non-charcoal UV protectant
- Greater application flexibility
- Improved coverage at low rates
- Greater aerial swath in tests conducted
- Can be applied up to 28 days prior to flood
- 30–42 days residual in floodwater habitats
- Remains effective after flood/dry-down/re-flood event
- Less respirable and particulate dust
Treat on basis of surface area of potential mosquito breeding sites by placing one (1) MetaLarv XRP for 100 square feet of treatment area. Re-apply as needed (up to 42 days under typical environmental conditions).